Dr Andrew Munsie
Specialist Psychiatrist M.B. Ch.B. (UCT), FC (Psych) (SA)
A Psychiatrist with seventeen years of experience in mental health institutes, primary care centres and clinics both in South Africa and the United Kingdom, and have effectively managed patients in both in-patient and out-patient sections. I have experience in both public and private sectors in South Africa and within the NHS (National Health System) in the UK.
My main fields of interest and expertise are:
- Mood and anxiety disorders
- Adult ADHD
- Treatment of patients with Dual Diagnosis
- Substance Use Disorders
- Addition Psychiatry
- Community Health Care
Phone: 078 826 7708
Dr Lynda Albertyn
Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist (various)
Dr Lynda Albertyn is a Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist. She sees patients from babies to 18 years as well as adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder. She has 21 years experience in the field. She has worked in many parts of the world including the UK, Zimbabwe, India, the USA and South Africa.
Dr Albertyn’s credentials include:
- Head of child and adolescent psychiatry at Wits and head of the Child, Adolescent and Family Unit at Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital from 2003 to 2017, and has trained most of the child and adolescent psychiatrists in Johannesburg.
- Represented C&A Psychiatry at the College of Medicine for several years and headed the C&A Psychiatry group at SASAP for several years.
- President of the South African Association of Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists for 8 years.
- Consulting psychiatrist to UNIKA School for Autism for 21 years.
- BA: English and History of Art (Wits)
- BM medical degree: (Southampton)
- MMedPsych: (University of Zimbabwe)
- FCPsych: (College of Medicine)